Sister Reading

A Reader

This is where I write reviews of the books I read. Not a summary, just what are my thoughts on it with if and why I recommend the book.

Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis

I loved this book. Anyone who knows C.S. Lewis knows that he is very religious. The author lets his christian beliefs be shown in every book I've read of his. This book is one of the most religious. It threw me quite often because it is written from the viewpoint of a demon and so what is good in real life, the demon hates. It is written also in the form of a series of letters, which makes the title make sense, but that means it isn't a regular narrative.
For those that never think about right or wrong or the impact of the things they do, I highly recommend it because it is time you start thinking about it. For those that have morals and/or enjoy philosophical thinking you will enjoy the book more. Sometimes it was just a little too dry for me in the "too much thinking, not enough action" way, but I am not the most philosophical thinker. I read it in between reading another book with more action and so was able to give myself a few breaks of more mindless enjoyment. This way of reading I recommend if you also have trouble being philosophical for too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment